An American who was being monitored in Nebraska after being exposed to Ebola in the Democratic Republic of the Congo was released from treatment on Saturday, after having "never developed" the killer disease, he announced the medical facility.
The unidentified health care provider, who has already left the city of Omaha, poses no threat to the public, according to a press release from Nebraska Medicine.
SUSPECT EBOLA PATIENT WAS FALSE ALARM, SWEDISH HOSPITAL DICE
"This person completed the 21
Nebraska Medicine initially received the individual for monitoring on Dec. 29, previously said.
CLICK HERE TO OBTAIN THE FOX NEWS APP
The unidentified individual was in the Congo offering medical assistance when the potential exposure was believed to have occurred, according to the structure.  The observation took place in "a safe area" that neither the public nor the patients had access to, Nebraska Medicine said.
Lee News Lee Ross contributed to this report.