Updated 4 minutes ago
Bob Evans Farms is recalling some of his pork sausage products sold in retail stores because they may have been contaminated with plastic.
The US Department of Agriculture has published the withdrawal of about 47,000 pounds of pork sausage products on Wednesday, citing that they may have been contaminated with foreign materials including transparent hard plastic.
The problem was discovered when the company received complaints from consumers of foreign material in the products.
The products were produced on August 1
The following products are subject to recall:
• 12-ounce trays coated with the "Bob Evans Maple Pork Sausage Links" label. These products contain an expiry date of October 16, 2018 or October 19, 2018 and lot code of 8213
• 12-ounce trays coated with the "Bob Evans Brown Sugar & Honey" label. These products contain an expiration date of October 16, 2018 and lot code 8213
• 12 -oz overlapping trays labeled as "Fresh From Meijer Maple Flavored Sausage Links". These products contain an expiration date of September 6, 2018 and lot code 8213
• 12-ounce trays coated with the label "Giant Maple Meat Eagle" Links for sausages for breakfast Added caramel color. "These products contain an expiration date of 10 September 2018 and lot code 8213
• 12-ounce trays coated with the" Schnucks Maple Recipe Breakfast Sausage "label. These products contain a lot number 8213
Products subject to collection show the factory number "EST 6785." These items were shipped to retail outlets in Indiana, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin
Anyone who is worried about an injury or illness should contact a physician Consumers should check their freezers to make sure they are not storing any of these products.These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.
Consumers with questions can send and requests to consumer relations for Bob Evans Farms at 1-800-939-2338.
Emily Balser is a writer on the Tribune-Review staff. You can contact Emily at 724-226-4680, firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @emilybalser.