Tanner Wall loved the water, but his parents believe it is what was in the water of a Florida lake that took his life at just 13.
Tanner’s parents said it WJXT that the teenager went on a family trip to a North Florida campground. Four days later he fell ill.
SEE ALSO: Brain Eating Amoebas: 8 Things You Need to Know
His parents said he suffered from nausea, vomiting and severe headaches. When they took Tanner to the ER, he was diagnosed with strep.
But his parents thought it was worse than that.
SEE ALSO: A 6-year-old boy suddenly dies of brain-eating amoeba
“Eventually, I got pretty angry. She was angry at this point,”
The 13-year-old boy was taken to UF Health in Gainesville where he was put on a ventilator and doctors discovered he had the parasitic amoeba.
SEE ALSO: 10-year-old Texas girl dies after contracting brain-eating amoeba
With no brain activity, Tanner’s parents chose to remove him from life support on August 2.
His parents now hope other families can recognize the symptoms before it’s too late.