The next chapter of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and the battle royale Warzone game is about to unfold. The season 6 update for the popular multiplayer shooter has been released and the patch notes are also available – you can read them below.
Ashton Williams, Infinity Ward’s senior communication manager, had previously said in a tweet that the sixth season update will go live at the usual time: 11 p.m. PT on September 28. This works at 2am ET and 7am GMT on September 29th. For players in Australia, the patch will arrive starting in the late afternoon, around 4pm AEST.
The Season 6 patch includes a number of general fixes. For C4, a beep will sound when using the quick detonation trigger; launch speed has also been reduced by 30 percent. The patch also addresses an issue where players could keep an unlimited number of stopping rounds.
In terms of weapons, the Origin 1
For Warzone specifically, Infinity Ward fixed a collision issue for the stadium, while the patch also fixes an exploit that allowed players to see through a fence. The patch also addresses an issue where players could not damage enemies while using the blocker.
You can see the full patch notes below, as posted by Infinity Ward.
Even before revealing the patch notes, Infinity Ward provided an exhaustive overview of what’s contained in the Season 6 update. This includes new maps for Modern Warfare, more weapons, and a new subway system in the battle royale game. There are also new Operators on the way, including Farrah from the Modern Warfare campaign, while there will be a new Battle Pass to start with the Season 6 update.
The game will also include a Halloween-themed event called Haunting of Verdansk, with limited-time modes and rewards. The PS4 version of Modern Warfare will see more exclusive content, but the previously PS4-exclusive Survival Mode will finally arrive on Xbox and PC.
You can read GameSpot’s full coverage of season 6 to find out what’s new.
Modern Warfare / Warzone Season 6 Patch Notes
- Land warfare
- Customs shooting project
- Face Off – Station
- Killstreak confirmed
- Season 6 Mish Pit – The maps of the sixth season Broadcast and Mialstor Tank Factory in mosh pit game mode
- BR Quads
- BR Trios
- BR Duos
- BR Solos
- Plunder Trii
- Armored Quad Royale
- C4: Slight delay in performing a quick detonation. When rapid detonation is activated, a beep will sound. Also reduced initial casting speed by 30%
- Fixed a bug where after reviving a squadmate in Survival there will be a 5 second delay before the user can use their weapon again
- Fixed an issue where players could get unlimited rounds of stopping power
- Fixed an issue where the defending player had a long respawn time after HQ resumed and all players died during a HQ match
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to put a Molotov cocktail or a grenade in a placed bomb causing it to kill the player it was spreading
- Fixed two issues where the player’s clock and / or heart rate sensor would not be fully visible when using the XRK chainsaw attachment on the Finnish machine gun
- Fixed a bug where explosive and termite projectiles did not work as intended in the Chronic variant of the Blunt Force II bundle
- Fixed an issue where the muzzle selection screen for the Finnish machine gun was difficult to display in the Gunsmith menu
- Fixed an issue where the player’s left hand would not properly grasp the weapon when the Romanian 23.0 “barrel is equipped on the AK
- Fixed some bugs where the positioning of the tilted fire view model did not appear as intended and could disappear under certain circumstances
- Source 12: reduced melee damage in Warzone
- Shotguns: Increased snail damage in Warzone
- CHAINSAW XRK – FiNN Light Machine Gun:
- By adding a description in Gunsmith nothing, the attachment does not allow the mounting of weapons
- Greater brightness on the Tac Laser accessory
- Fixed a collision issue in the south corner of the stadium
- Fixed an issue where a fence with a white tarp over it near the hospital allowed players to see through it on one side
- Fixed an issue where the train would sometimes appear as a white pin icon on the map
- Fixes implemented to properly track Warzone wins
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to damage enemies with firearms while on a blocker
- If a player has the minimap set to not rotate, they will see inaccurate pings on the heart rate sensor. This has been fixed
- Fixed a rare issue where train supply boxes could vanish during longer rounds
- NVIDIA Reflex is now available in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, including Warzone, and will offer latency improvements in GPU-intensive gaming scenarios on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 900 and higher graphics cards
- Improved stability and performance
GameSpot may receive a commission from retail offers.