State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert withdrew his name from the consideration for the nomination to the UN ambassador, the department said Saturday.
"I am grateful to President Trump and the Secretary [Mike] Pompey for the trust they placed in me to consider me for the position of the US ambassador to the United Nations," Nauer said in the statement. the last two months have been exhausting for my family and so it is in my family's best interest that you withdraw my name from consideration.
He continued describing his time working in the administration as "one of the highest honors of my life. "
A source from the State Department told Fox News that the process, in addition to traveling all over the world and between Washington DC and New York to see the family, has become too much.
Before working at the State Department, Nauert worked as an anchor and or Fox News – also as an anchor of "Fox & Friends". Before Fox, she was a journalist for ABC News. She moved to the State Department in April 2017.
Secretary of State Pompey also made the decision in the statement, saying it was one that he respected.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP  "Heather Nauert has done her homework as a senior member of my team with unrivaled excellence," he said. "I wish Heather nothing but the best in all his future endeavors and I know he will continue to be a great representative of this nation in whatever role he is."
When Trump touched Nauert for the role of the United Nations last year, he said he was "very talented". His announcement came about two months after Haley, the former governor of South Carolina, suddenly resigned from his position.
Fox News & # 39; Alexandra Pamias, Rich Edson, Adam Shaw and Kaitlyn Schallhorn contributed to this report.