I spend a lot of time trying to customize every aspect of my laptop: pasting stickers at the top, separating all my icons into folders on the desktop and, thanks to a little trick I learned on TikTok, using my favorite GIFs as wallpapers on Google Chrome.
It’s a very simple process that makes using Google Chrome a little more personalized. It only takes a few seconds and you go from a sad white background like this:
to this excellent GIF by Marceline while performing a song Adventure Time.
To personalize your Google Chrome page, here’s what to do:
- Find any GIF you want to use. Right-click to display the drop-down menu.
- After selecting the “Save As” option, be sure to add “.PNG” after the name
- In “Format”, change it from GIF to “All files”. It should look like the image below.
- Then, open a new Google Chrome tab and click on the “Customize” option in the lower right corner. The icon looks like a tiny pen or wand.
- You will be greeted with this display. Click “Upload from device” and find the GIF you saved as a PNG.
- And now, your Google Chrome page should play the GIF!