Chelsea started very badly and the
half Blues asleep could have been three after just five minutes. But after losing a handful of good chances and lowering their intensity, Leicester allowed Chelsea to return to the game.
It was a much smoother game after the drink break, with Christian Pulisic forcing a tremendous save from Kasper Schmeichel and Chelsea to survive a couple of kicks placed on the other end. Leicester’s speed over the top was always a constant danger on the counter, as Chelsea folded but somehow it wasn’t broken.
Lampard made a triple half-time change and Chelsea improved considerably. Abraham had the ball in the back of the net 1
Chelsea were unable to increase the lead – at one point they wasted a FOUR-v-two counter, but we survived Leicester’s attempts to thwart and their dangerous sets.
In the semifinals and in Wembley let’s go!
The draw will be later today. Also Manchester United and Arsenal, in addition to the winner of Newcastle vs. Manchester City, they start shortly.
- Anyone know an available trainer we could hire?
- Lampard with the half rotation of the initial formation, which didn’t really work, so strong moves during the break, which worked.
- Abraham, James, Gilmour, Zouma, Emerson, Caballero get the first restart starts.
- Gilmour, James and Mount halfway to Kovacic, Azpilicueta and Barkley. RLC for Pulisic and Pedro for Willian completed the changes. Lampard uses all five changes for the first time.
- 4th goal this season for Barkley, all in the Cup (3 in the FA Cup).
- 7th assist for Willian in all competitions. He now has 60 goals and 60 assists in his Chelsea career.
- Three out of three wins since reboot.
- Next up: West Ham at home in the league on Wednesday