Morgan Wallen will not be performing on “Saturday Night Live” this weekend.
The 27-year-old country music star, who was supposed to offer musical entertainment during the October 10 episode, revealed the news to his fans on Wednesday.
The announcement of the “This Bar” singer comes after footage of Wallen surfaced at a crowded party without a mask amid the coronavirus pandemic.
He started his video message on Instagram by saying his ad was “tough” but “necessary”.
CAMPAIGN SINGER MORGAN WALLEN WELCOMES SON: “I’M A CHANGED MAN”
“I’m in New York City in a hotel room, I was getting ready for ̵
The country singer said he was “not positive for COVID,” but acknowledged his party time was “pretty short”.
CAMPAIGN SINGER MORGAN WALLEN APOLOGIZES AFTER ARRESTING OUTSIDE KID ROCK’S NASHVILLE BAR
“I respect the show’s decision because I know I put them in jeopardy,” Wallen continued. “I take responsibility for it. I would like to apologize to” SNL “, to my fans, to my team for giving me these opportunities and I disappointed them.”
The singer, who welcomed a baby earlier this year, admitted he had “something to do to grow up”.
“I think I got a little lost. I tried to find joy in the wrong places and it left me less joy,” he said. “So I’ll try to work on it. I’ll step back from the spotlight for a while and work on myself.”
Lorne Michaels, the legendary producer of “SNL,” told Wallen they would find another time for him to perform, the star said.
“Finally, I know I’m getting some heat, a lot of heat, but I just wanted to let you know that your messages of encouragement haven’t gone unnoticed,” she said. “It may take a second before you answer me for a while, but I will work on myself and I appreciate that you respect him and I will talk to you soon. I love you.”
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
According to a New York Times report, “SNL” took precautions for their studio season, which includes quick test members of the public, who were also given a $ 150 check for attending.