FOXBOROUGH, MA- The Redskins ran with a 17-3 lead over the Patriots in the first week of the NFL 2018 preseason.
The Patriots won for 26-17.
Here are my how-they-observations from the Redskins preseason loss in New England.
First Quarter: Redskins 10, Patriots 0
-No one on the Redskins field unless you think Rob Kelley will be on September 9th Colt McCoy was the quarterback, Kelly on the running back , Elijah Wellman at FB, the offensive line from left to right was Ty Nsekhe, Tyler Catalina, Tony Bergstrom, Kyle Kalis and Geron Christian, the big receivers were Maurice Harris and Robert Davis, and the narrow end was Jeremy Sprinkle.
– On third and eleven and twentyfive, McCoy bought some time by rolling a little bit. to his right and finding Byron Marshall, who was matched against a linebacker, opened around 15. A burst of speed brought Marshall into the back area and the Redskins led 7-0 with 6:33 left in the first quarter.
-Matt Ioannidis got a lot of Brian Hoyer. In fact, it was a lot of cover in which Hoyer could not find anywhere. But Ioannidis continued to fight and hit the ball before returning Hoyer to the ground.
-Derrius Guice had a 34-yard run from the left side denied by a penalty on Wellman. He showed good patience and acceleration as he descended to the left before being chased. He ended up pinching his left knee and was assessed on the sideline.
– The Redskins managed to overcome the problem and another penalty to score Dustin Hopkins to kick a field goal of 52 yards and the first quarter ended with the Redskins for 10-0.  Second quarter: Redskins 17, Patriots 3
– Samaje Perine in the game, in the second play that leads for 14 yards. Hole over right guard, cut right, good earning. Some play after another good shot recalled by Kyle Kalis with a borderline containment penalty. Later in the drive, he lost the handle of the ball, but a borderline forward advance whistle canceled the game.
-Cam Sims made his second catch of the game, this for 57 yards up to the two-yard line of the Patriots. Obtained behind the defense, he remained within the limits and poured a couple of tackles. Two games later McCoy rolls to the left and finds Harris just over the touchdown line. The score was reviewed to see if he had both feet in abundance and was confirmed. Good Harris grip.
– With four and a half minutes left in the first half, McCoy has a score of 143.1.
-Ioannidis suffered a left knee injury, is being evaluated. He got a leg in a pile. After being in the field for a few minutes, he went very slowly under his power.
-The patriots exploit a too soft area and lead 56 yards in four comedies to get in position for a field goal
Third quarter: Redskins 17, Patriots 10
-The things are going becoming sloppy for the Redskins and maybe there is to be expected with the third team in. They gave up back-to-back scores in defense with some poor zone defense and then a long touchdown drive and it was 17-10. A penalty on the kick of the ensuing and another on the crime turned the next record into a failed failure.
Fourth quarter: Patriots 26, Redskins 17
– The game remains sloppy for the Redskins. Kenny Ladler had the chance to beat a third pass away from the receiver, but he could not do it. It was the same scenario a couple of comedies later, when Danny Johnson took a hand on the ball but failed to throw it on the ground and the Patriots got another 15 meters.
– In the end he led to a landing that cut Washington lead to 17-16. Bill Belichick decided to go for two and it was good and the New England took its first lead at 18-17 with 9:05 left to play.
– To play badly. A nice gain on a passage to Wellman is canceled by an illegal blockade on Simmie Cobbs. Then Hogan launches two incompleteness and the Redskins are aiming.
– The Redskins did something right with about five minutes left. Kenny Ladler hit the low runner, Tim Settle hit him high and the ball came out. Settle has recovered and the Redskins had the ball to New England 41.
-But a false start forced them to go back and in third place, Hogan never had a chance because he was fired and fumbled. Geneo Grissom picked it up and rolled for 53 yards. Two plays after the Patriots scored, and the insignificant result was no longer in doubt.
-Dustin Hopkins had a lot of distance on a field goal of 56 yards but managed to hit the left.
OTHER REDSKINS NEWS:
Click here for the #RedskinsTalk on Apple podcasts, here for Google Play or press Play under