Four Australian universities were ranked among the top 50 architecture schools in the world.
The University of Sydney ranked 15th in the 2017 rankings after slipping to 16 in 2018. The University of Melbourne closely follows at 17, advancing four positions by 21. L & # 39; RMIT University has risen to 22, compared with 26, while the University of NSW has dropped to 25 from 23, a position it shares with the Technical University of Monaco.
Curtin University, Monash University, Queensland University of Technology and the University of Queensland were ranked between the ages of 51 and 100. The University of Newcastle, UTS, Griffith University, & # 39; University of Adelaide and the University of Western Australia were located between 1
University College London was ranked as the best university for architecture, usurping the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), which has achieved the record in recent years.
The ranking of a university is determined by a number of factors, including the academic reputation and the employer of the school, both of which are assessed through an international survey, the number of citations per research paper and the their index H, which is based on the most cited documents of the institute and on the number of citations that the institution receives in other publications in a given topic.
The methodology used by the classification bodies as QS, and the importance given to them by the universities themselves, have been criticized in the past.
Australia has 20 accredited architecture programs for the purpose of entering the practice exam architecture.
The QS World Rankings for the 25 best universities for architecture and the environment built in 2019 are:
1. University College London (UCL) – United Kingdom
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) – United States
3. Delft University of Technology – The Netherlands
4. Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich) – Switzerland
5. Harvard University – United States
6. University of California, Berkeley (UCB) – United States
7. University of Cambridge – United Kingdom
8. National University of Singapore – Singapore
9. Manchester School of Architecture – United Kingdom
10. Tsinghua University – China
11. Polytechnic of Milan (Polytechnic of Milan) – Italy
12. Lausanne Federal Institute of Technology (École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)) – Switzerland
13. University of Hong Kong – Hong Kong
14. Columbia University – United States
15. The University of Sydney – Australia
16. University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) – United States
17. The University of Melbourne – Australia
18. Tongji University – China
19. University of Tokyo – Japan
20. Polytechnic University of Hong Kong – Hong Kong
21. The University of Sheffield – United Kingdom
- RMIT University – Australia
23. KTH Royal Institute of Technology – Sweden
24. Georgia Institute of Technology – United States
25. Technical University of Munich – Germany