Home / US / The deputy hit in the Compton attack was released from the hospital

The deputy hit in the Compton attack was released from the hospital



One of the deputies injured in a brazen ambush in Compton, California over the weekend was discharged from the hospital Wednesday, Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said.

“Great news, one of those deputies was discharged from the hospital today,” Villanueva tweeted Wednesday night. “He has a long way to go for recovery. But he is not alone. We, as a community, are in this together “.

Villanueva did not identify the deputy, who was one of two shot in the head as they sat in a tagged car near a transit station on Saturday.

LOS ANGELES SHERIFF DETECTIVE ‘ON THE RIGHT ROAD’ LOOKING FOR GUNMAN IN COMPTON DEPUTIES ̵

6;PULL

The video of the attack shows a gunman in dark clothes approaching his vehicle, firing into the passenger window and escaping.

Both MPs had been at work for about 14 months, Villanueva said over the weekend.

On Wednesday, the sheriff said investigators were following “more leads” and believed they were making progress in a massive manhunt for the gunman and a possible runaway driver.

No suspects have been identified.

THE DEPUTY OF THE WOUNDED HERO SHERIFF, WAS LIBRARY BEFORE JOINING FORCE; REWARD INCREASED TO $ 200G

“Our investigators are confident they are on the right track,” Villanueva told Bill Hemmer in “Bill Hemmer Reports”.

A GoFundMe page created by a sheriff’s detective raised more than $ 550,000 to help injured deputies, identified as a 31-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man. Separately, more than $ 300,000 in reward money is offered in the event – a mix of public funds and private donations.

The deputy remained hospitalized in stable condition after the surgery. Further details were not available.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The Sheriff’s Department has been criticized in recent months for handling a series of incidents, including photos leaked in May of the helicopter crash that killed Kobe Bryant and seven others. Bryant’s family is suing the department in connection with the incident.

Louis Casiano of Fox News contributed to this report.


Source link