Home / Entertainment / The Rolling Stones threaten Trump with lawsuits for the use of the songs during the re-election campaign

The Rolling Stones threaten Trump with lawsuits for the use of the songs during the re-election campaign



The Rolling Stones are ready to act.

In a statement obtained from Fox News, the iconic rock band said their legal team is partnering with BMI, an organization for the rights of the performing arts, to prevent the use of their music at the president’s reelection events. Trump.

TAYLOR SWIFT DENOUNCES 2020 CENSUS TO EXCLUDE THE TRANSGENDER, NON-BINARY PEOPLE

“The IMC has notified the Trump campaign on behalf of the Stones that unauthorized use of their songs will be in violation of its license agreement,” said the note. “If Donald Trump ignores the exclusion and persists, he would face a lawsuit to break the embargo and play music that has not been authorized.”

;

The Rolling Stones have threatened to take legal action against Trump for the use of their songs during his campaign rallies.

The Rolling Stones have threatened to take legal action against Trump for the use of their songs during his campaign rallies.
(Getty)

The statement said that despite the band having previously issued cessation and desist directives, 74-year-old Trump continued to use his hit song “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” and campaign demonstrations.

FLORENCE PUGH RELEASES APOLOGIA LENGTH FOR CULTURAL PAST APPROPRIATION: ‘I AM ASHAMED’

“This could be the last time Trump has used any Jagger / Richards song in his campaigns,” concluded the statement.

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

Mick Jagger, left, and Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones perform during their concert at the Rose Bowl on Thursday August 22, 2019, in Pasadena, California.

Mick Jagger, left, and Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones perform during their concert at the Rose Bowl on Thursday August 22, 2019, in Pasadena, California.
(Photo by Chris Pizzello / Invision / AP)

The Stones aren’t the only musicians who recently expressed Trump’s desire to stop using their music.

Last week, Tom Petty’s family ceased and abandoned the campaign after his hit “I Won’t Back Down” was used during a re-election rally in Tulsa, Okla.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX APP NEWS

“We believe in America and we believe in democracy. But Donald Trump does not represent any of anyone’s noble ideals,” said a statement from Petty’s family. We would not want fans marginalized by this administration to think they are complicit in this use. At the same time, we issued a notice of cessation and renunciation of Trump’s campaign. “


Source link