Home / US / Trump campaign senior adviser Steve Cortes says Trump is ‘optimistic and assertive’ after coronavirus diagnosis

Trump campaign senior adviser Steve Cortes says Trump is ‘optimistic and assertive’ after coronavirus diagnosis



Trump’s senior campaign adviser Steve Cortes said on Sunday that the president is “as upbeat and assertive as ever” as he battles the coronavirus after reports and comments that the president recently, Friday, was showing signs of concern after his. diagnosis.

Cortes commented on President Trump’s health during a conversation with Fox News’ Chris Wallace on “Fox News Sunday”.

“He’s going well … We talked to the president yesterday, we mean the senior campaign staff … He was upbeat and assertive like he’s never been,”

; Cortes said.

Cortes also mentioned a Saturday night video released by the president who said it showed “Donald Trump the fighter speaking directly to the American people offhand for four minutes, looking good, sounding good and of course, most of all we know. what his doctor said is his progress has been incredible. “

Cortes added: “This president will recover, we are very confident.”

WHITE HOUSE HEAD OF STAFF MARK MEADOWS CONFIRMS DETERIORATED TRUMP CONDITIONS FRIDAY

The president was flown to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center on Friday after testing positive for coronavirus on the night of Thursday to Friday. White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows said on “Justice with Judge Jeanine” on Saturday that the president was experiencing symptoms that his staff had “really worried” on Friday, including fever and low blood oxygen levels, but that from then it got better.

“I’m very, very optimistic based on the current results,” Meadows said of Trump, warning that the doctor said, “He won’t be out of harm’s way for the next 48 hours or so.”

Trump’s diagnosis, as well as positive tests from many other congressmen and administrative staff, threatens to overturn Washington, D.C., including Justice Amy Coney Barrett’s confirmation to the Supreme Court and negotiations on a coronavirus aid package . But the dynamic of the last month of the presidential campaign has certainly already changed, with Trump forced to stay off the electoral path at least temporarily and his participation in the second presidential debate, less than two weeks later, put into question.

TRUMP CAMPAIGN KEPT AT ‘FILL SPEED’ WITH OPERATION MAGA ‘AS TRUMP FIGHTS COVID-19

Trump’s campaign is reportedly keeping “full speed” while Trump is in the hospital, hosting events in battlefield states including Mike Pence and members of the Trump family in what is dubbed “Operation MAGA.”

“There was not a single iota of the president feeling sorry for himself,” Cortes said of his phone call with Trump. “He said we will win this campaign. He is still actively governing as President of the United States even from the hospital. We are fully confident that his recovery will be complete.”

Cortes said Trump will “soon” be back “in the game”.

“The MAGA movement is bigger than President Trump alone,” Cortes said in response to a question from Wallace about the potential increase in protections around Vice President Pence in light of Trump’s conditions. He added that Pence and others will fill the “void” created by Trump by leaving the campaign trail.

Wallace also pushed Cortes on the largely maskless Rose Garden ceremony to announce Barrett’s appointment to the Supreme Court, after which seven people tested positive for the coronavirus.

Cortes said there are precautions taken towards Trump, but that “he was not willing to kidnap himself completely, not to take risks, because the leaders take risks and he is the servant of the people.”

Wallace also asked Cortes about the fact that the Trump party in Tuesday’s presidential debate broke the rules of the mask set by the Cleveland Clinic.

“Everyone was tested before that event,” Cortes said

“It doesn’t matter,” Wallace retorted, noting that the Cleveland Clinic staff offered First Family masks, but they had turned them away.

“We believe the masks are very useful, the president has worn them on many occasions,” Cortes said. “We also believe in some element of individual choice, people have been turned away and tested”.

Wallace replied that the people weren’t turned away and the First Family still broke the rules regardless. He added that the Presidential Debate Commission said that people who do not wear masks will be escorted out in future debates.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

In his update to Walter Reed on Saturday night, Trump thanked the hospital’s medical professionals and those who wished him well, also promising to finish the campaign as soon as possible, saying “I’ll be back, I think I’ll be back soon. And I can’t see there. It’s time to finish the campaign the way it started and the way we did. The kind of numbers we did we were so proud of. “

Joe Biden’s campaign, after suffering potential exposure to the virus in the debate – through the Cleveland Clinic he said any risk of transmission in the socially distant affair was low – said he would release the results of every coronavirus test from the Democrat. candidate takes. Biden at 78 is even older than Trump and has never tested positive for the coronavirus. The presidential elections will be held on November 3, less than a month away.

Fox News’ Brie Stimson and Brooke Singman contributed to this report.


Source link