"I'm happy, the answer is no, I'm not, I'm not happy," Trump said, questioned on the deal during a White House cabinet meeting. He said he was still studying the details of the agreement
but he stopped saying that he would refuse the deal, which Democrats and Republicans announced on Monday. Instead, he suggested that he had other mechanisms ready to line up to meet his need for border funding.
"I'm adding things," Trump said. "Everything will happen, where we will build a beautiful, big, strong wall."
He also said on Tuesday that a government shutdown is unlikely at the end of the week, even if a financing agreement is not fully satisfactory.
"I do not think you'll see an arrest," Trump said. "If you have it, it's the Democrats' fault."
The agreement, which includes $ 1.375 billion for a border barrier, falls well below the $ 5.7 billion originally required for a wall. Even last year it did not manage to exceed the $ 1.6 billion included in a Senate package.
However, the provision would prevent another government arrest, the polls showed that Trump took the blame for the last time.
The White House says that Trump is continuing to evaluate its options – which still include the adoption of enforcement actions to secure the financing of a wall.
"We will not enter into a conversation about what might be in this document.We want to focus on what actually is in Until we see that it will be very difficult to have a conversation about what we will accept and not accept," said the spokesman Hogan Gidley to journalists at the White House.
White House officials have a list of options that have weighed that they would have employed the President's executive authority to secure the money for a border wall. Not everyone would need to declare a national emergency. The president is urged by the conservatives to take executive measures in conjunction with the signing of compromise legislation that would prevent the closure of the government.
It is unclear what combination of actions the President could use, and the topic has been under discussion for weeks. Estimates on how much each option could collect were also discussed. The President held almost daily meetings with senior consultants and others to discuss his options.
The drafts of executive orders or declarations have been circulating for weeks within the western wing. All have been heavily scrutinized by the defender's office and the Department of Justice, and most White House assistants believe that any enforcement action can lead to legal challenges.
The various options came with different legal perspectives, according to people familiar with the issue. There are also concerns for landowners who bring legal problems in case their land is seized for border construction using an eminent domain.
Moving money from disaster funds is also considered politically problematic by some older carers.
The White House is ready to distribute executive actions piece by piece, not necessarily all at once, once the President signs.
In fact, it will not be as easy as just signing a piece of paper and finishing it off. This is what Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney and other agency chiefs have done over the past few weeks: finding money funds that they can use to finance a border wall. Some of these will be easy and some will be more difficult from a legal standpoint, helpers are familiar with the matter.
Although the legislators discussed the details of their agreement, the White House had planned behind the scenes to secure funds unilaterally. This is partly why the administration assistants were not introduced over the weekend when reports emerged.
Unilateral Presidential options include:
Access to treasury confiscation funds
An estimate of $ 680 million
- would not require the President to declare a & # 39 national emergency.
- Includes funds not bound by participating agencies that can be used to support law enforcement activities.
- After the Management and Budget Office reviews the order, the Treasury and the National Security Department both inform the Congress, so they wait 15 days before the funds can be forced.
- Acquisition of land is permitted by this option
Using USC 284 to divert some Pentagon funds for the fight against drug trafficking
About $ 700 Million  Can not request the President to declare a national emergency, according to a CRS legal report.
Using USC 2808 to access funds for military buildings
An estimate $ 3.6 billion
- would require the President to declare a & # 39 national emergency.
- It would require the use of the military.
- The President will declare protection at the borders a mission of the Department of Defense.
Use the civil works of the Korean Army f unds using USC 2293
It is estimated that $ 3 billion
- requires the President to declare a national emergency, but could also be used without a national emergency, according to a CRS legal report.
- The Secretary of the Army can stop or postpone projects of civilian works of the army and apply funds to contribute to the construction of civil defense projects essential for national defense (the Secretary of the Army makes it final the decision if essential for national defense)
- The unspent funds that could now be designated to go to the Army Corps of Engineers projects to repair infrastructure damaged by natural disasters.